Director of Software Architecture
Director of Software Architecture
Why should I consider working here?
We are e2log; a next generation Logistics Management System – the logistics business has long been behind the curve in digitizing their business and so much of global logistics is still run on spreadsheets and phone calls. With e2log this is no longer the case. We are changing the way Shippers’ Global Logistics Teams and Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) communicate and do business by providing a platform that delivers efficiency, transparency and unparalleled visibility.
We are a startup that already has funding, customers (we have large shippers and LSP’s already on the platform), revenue and a plan to grow fast. We are looking for hungry and driven like-minded overachievers to join us in this journey.
Where do I come in?
We’re looking for a Director of Software Architecture to drive the evolution of our cloud-based platform, to instill best practices and provide guidance to our development team, and to help steer our technology roadmap as we grow and scale our platform. At the same time you will build software to solve real world problems in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment, using the latest in cloud-native technologies.
As our Director of Software Architecture, you will…
- Work alongside a team of engineers, leading by example and providing guidance and design input on new services, features and integrations with a focus on scalability, performance and security
- Further develop and provide ownership of our cloud-based integration pipeline, ensuring a scalable and extensible way to interoperate with critical customer data and systems
- Provide guidance into and help to maintain a technology roadmap for our platform by evolving our current technology stack and/or introducing new technologies and approaches in a pragmatic and strategic manner
- Focus on the evolution, automation and scalability of our cloud-based platform, adhering to core principles of Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure-as-Code
What do you want from me?
- 10+ Years of Experience in a core Software Development role, providing guidance and working alongside a development team
- Strong communication skills, self-directed and comfortable working remotely with the development team
- Ability to work within an Agile development team in a fast-paced startup environment
- Extensive experience with cloud-based services and architectures using one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Extensive experience in data modelling and implementation with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience designing and developing in a Microservices architecture
- Experience and interest in Event Driven Architecture and related technologies
- Experience with container-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing best practices using core languages such as Java, Python and/or C#
Bonus Points if you have experience with
- Experience developing Serverless applications using AWS Lambda, AWS SAM, Google Cloud Functions, etc
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies such as Terraform, AWS CDK/Cloud Formation, Ansible, etc
- Experience with Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development practices
- Experience with Linux administration and scripting in languages like Python, Bash, etc
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery Tools and Pipelines
Competitive start-up compensation with equity potential
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of why you would be a great fit for this role, and your resume. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and will get back to you if we decide to move forward with your application. Thank you for considering e2log!